Saturday, August 15, 2015

Webskills Online Course – Week 8

Despite I am not that young  and have the long-termed teaching experience I have been at odds with the various sorts of the documentation through my whole life. I always have a rough time writing my lesson plans and making the curriculum. And now, in Week 8 I had to write my draft plan report and then, (Oh, My God!) to give my feedback to my course-peer!!! And everything in English, moreover, in American English! Wasn`t it thrilling?
Nonetheless, I seemed to be survived and have sent all the material needed to the course-wiki. But it is early to think that I have pulled through in the crunch. There is no a feedback from Ali Sher so far, my partner on the plan report checking and then I don`t know yet what Donna will decide.
After I have just written my draft plan, having spent the whole day on it, the next day I had to check my partner`s report. And here I had a great fun! It turned out to be not so bad, checking other person`s work !And evaluating it according the rubric! I found it amazing! I am not that skilled master of the documenting but it was easier for me to evaluate one`s document following the rubric.
I had a challenge making my own online and offline exercises. The technological tools are terrific and easy-to-use but they aren`t so flexible because of my slow Internet. Some tools didn`t work for me, then. I have found out some tools that are easy-to-do and powerful at the same time. I mean the Flashcardsmaker tool, Wordsearchmaker tool, generally, the Lakeshore tool is the best for me. . I have tried the Web Poster Wizard and even did one but I didn`t catch the idea what to do with it.
I have supposedly created the so-called Class-Blog and the Class-Padlet. I say it ironically because they are blank and empty for now. I have simplн gained the skills how to make them only but of course, in future I`ll use it in real-life. The blog, Padlet and the flash-cards will be used in my Grammar lessons for the 7-8-9 graders initially but then, afterwards, with having got more experience working on the technological tools I and all my students will use the Web and non-Web- tools in other activities of learning language skills.
The slowness of my Internet doesn`t make it possible to check all the tools and to create some more. I always envy those who live in the towns and cities where the Internet is so fast and quick.
Well, there is nothing to do then, we simply have to live our lives on the places where the Fortune has dropped us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment