Saturday, August 1, 2015

Webskills Online Course – Week 6

More and more new stock of skills have replenished my Store of Knowledge during this passing Week 6. First I thought there was the huge number of the Readings but then it turned out to choose one topic  of two. I chose the topic on PPT. And it worth it because Donna has complimented me for my first Interactive PowerPoint  presentation and even gave me the Gold Star!!! So, I  am very happy to get it, thank you very much, dear Donna!!!
As I see, everybody are the masters of PPT and there are really the fantastic presentations with all the interactive techniques included. It is true that breaking up the lecture with these techniques not only provides format change to engage students, these activities allow students to immediately apply content and provides feedback to the instructor on student.
First I faced this technique some 15 years ago, when I was on the International English Language Teachers` conference in Yakutsk, our capital town. The American lecturer used just these  very techniques while delivering his lecture. And indeed, we weren`t drowsing as we usually do during the long, monotonous speaches,  but were actively engaged in the process of a lecture and interacted with the content, lecturer, and with other participants.
I admit that Powerpont is an easy-to-use presentation tool but with all these interactive techniques a teacher  reinforces his/her lessons in engaging intellectually and simultaneously involving students as active participants in a lecture-based class of any size.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Vicinnkir,

    I like your living blog. Your every week description for the course material is very nice. I agree with you that the interactive PowerPoint presentation can create a joyful environment in the lecture loaded with games, quizzes, and many other stimulating activities. Consequently, students will like to attend and interact with each other and with the technology tool, this will arouse their motivation and enhance learning in different size classes.

    Abeer Ali
    Iraq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Abeer Ali,

      Many thanks for your comment! Yes, you are right concerning the Interactive PPT, it is a true godsend for us, all the EFL teachers worldwide,

      Victor

      Delete