Saturday, July 11, 2015

Webskills Online Course – Week 3

Last week 3  I have been trying to download the site called “Del.icio.us” that serves as a bookmarking tool. I have been trying to get iinto the Delicious several years ago but I couldn`t and this time I have failed to get into the site. Donna, our course-instructor,  is right for sure saying that it is because of my slow Internet.  She was so kind to let me skip trying the site more. I had another great bookmarking account in Diigo.com but I am a big stupid headed old man to forget all my data !
For the discussion “Aural/Oral Skill Building” I have surfed the websites that are great and uberhelpful for both the teachers and students. I have been using the resourses that the site Onestopenglish http://www.onestopenglish.com/skills/speaking/teaching-ideas/ suggests for a some time but some years ago. I have to refresh all my supplies that I got from there and try again. Of course, the ESL Galaxy http://www.esl-galaxy.com/speaking.html seems to be better with all it`s downloadables and printables, it is the most important for me with my slow Internet. I like the http://esl.about.com/od/conversationlessonplans/ as well because it has the most comprehensible lesson plans with various activities included in them.
I think all the three websites are super useful for the ESL teachers because they all have the adaptable and printable worksheets.
In my future class project I`ll use some of the resourses from these three websites, the focus will be done on the aural/oral skills and Grammar/Vocabulary, for sure. Fortunately, our Mother tongue has all the sounds, consonants with vowels and unlike the South-Asian peoples my students can utter all the English sounds more or less well. The most weakest point is Reading and Grammar for my local students.
For the discussion “Project Task #2 – Read a Sample Project Report” I have chosen only three sample projects to look at and to study them more in detail. I think I will read the rest when I have a free time left later.
I am amazed by the samples a lot, I think I will never write such wonderful, highly- educational and academically-professional projects/plans!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Victor

    I would like to in inform you that I am also amazed by the sample project reports and I think it is a good idea to read all of them.

    Thanks
    Khadeeja from Iraq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Khadija,
      Thank you for your comment, the matter is that I am having troubles with the blogspot.com because of the slow connection, but finally it starts working so-so but doing Okay with commenting and posting thank God,
      My best regards,
      Victor

      Delete